Love them or hate them, dildos and dongs are one of the most popular types of sex toys on the market right now. But how much do you know about these toys? Are they only used by lesbians? How do you use them, exactly? Learn all about dildos and dongs here, including some interesting facts about these fun adult toys!
Dildos are sex toys that can be used for either vaginal or anal penetration. They come in all shapes and sizes, from slim and realistic to large, bulbous, and brightly-coloured. Most dildos are made of silicone, but it is important to note that some are made from latex rubber or jelly rubber. Silicone is the most popular material because it is non-porous and easy to clean with soap and water. It also doesn’t react chemically with other materials so you don’t have to worry about how it will interact with your lubes or condoms. The most important thing when choosing a dildo is personal preference: different people prefer different textures and sizes, so the best way to figure out what you like is just by experimenting!
A dildo & dong can be used for a variety of purposes, but the most common is masturbation. Masturbation is a great way to explore your body and discover what you like sexually, while also relieving stress and getting in touch with your body. Studies have shown that masturbating regularly can decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety, improve self-esteem, increase sleep quality and make you more likely to orgasm when you do have sex.
A dong/dildo is an excellent addition to any masturbation routine because it’s typically larger than most people’s hands or fingers, which means that it stimulates more areas at once. It also provides pressure in places that are hard for hands or fingers to reach on their own.
The best material for a dildo is silicone. It’s body-safe and easy to clean, which is especially important if you’re using the toy for anal play.
Silicone has a little bit of giving that makes it easier for anal play since it’s not hard like glass or metal. If you are looking for a softer material, glass may be the way to go because it’s just as body-safe as silicone.
Metal is also a great option because it has no pores and so can’t harbour bacteria and other nasties like silicone or jelly toys can. Plus, they’re inexpensive and very durable. They can come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and textures depending on your needs. But some people find them uncomfortable since they don’t have any give to them at all – though this might depend on your personal preferences. Jelly toys should only be used with condoms due to the risk of bacterial infections or staining from use.
Safety is paramount when it comes to sex toys. To minimize the risk of infection, please follow these guidelines:
1) do not share your dildo or dong with anyone else
2) always use a new condom if you are switching between anal and vaginal penetration
3) wash your toy before and after each use, with soap and water or a specially-formulated toy cleaner
4) cover your toy with a condom for every penetration that involves two different orifices
5) if your toy vibrates, make sure that the battery compartment is closed tightly before using it for the first time. If you have been using your toy, check the batteries again to make sure they are still in place. If any batteries have fallen out, dispose of them carefully and replace them before continuing
6) store all sex toys separately from other household items so as not to contaminate them with bacteria from cleaning products or other household items
7) never microwave your toy in order to heat it up – this can cause damage!
Main photo: Gwen Mamanoleas/unsplash.com