The baseball cap, popularly known as the baseball cap, is a piece of clothing that needs to be cared for in a slightly different way than other pieces of clothing. So how do you wash your baseball cap properly? Here are some tips!
With any piece of clothing, it’s important to read the care label before washing. Even though it has all the basic information, it’s not always clear to us. What is more, the label fades with time and many people cut it off. In this article, we have prepared a special guide on how to take care of your baseball cap so that it does not get damaged.
Why should you wash a baseball cap?
For every cap, there will come a time when you need to wash it. There can be many reasons for this, of course. Discoloration from grass, greasy food stains, and other dirt will inevitably show up on our accessories.
Even if we take special care of our hats, we have to remember that we naturally sweat. We usually wear a baseball cap in the summer, which is when we sweat the most. This creates natural, unsightly blemishes and spots. Therefore, once in a while we should properly clean the cap
This model of headwear is distinguished by the fact that usually the manufacturer does not provide detailed information on how to wash it. Fortunately, it’s not too difficult to do, but it’s worth sticking to a few basic rules, which we’ve outlined below.
Basic rules for washing baseball caps
When it comes to washing your baseball cap, there are a few rules to follow:
- Opt for hand washing with gray soap or a mild detergent. An even better option is to simply use a head wash. Why shouldn’t you wash your hat in a washing machine? Although some washing machines offer a hand wash program, not every type of hat is designed for it. So a safer, more secure solution is to wash your baseball cap by hand.
- Washing temperature should not exceed the temperature recommended on the label. If this temperature is exceeded, the cap will warp.
- What material is the visor made of? This is a key question when washing your cap. In the case of a plastic visor, laundering is not a problem. However, it is often made of cardboard or other wet-sensitive material. Then instead of washing, opt for cleaning with a brush, cloth or sponge.
- Be careful with colors – some baseball caps are multicolored, which means that lighter shades can discolor from darker ones.
- Avoid mechanical drying. Instead, it is better to choose traditional drying in an airy place. It’s also a good idea to put your cap on something that resembles its shape so that it doesn’t get bent or deformed while drying.
These are the most important rules to remember when washing
How do I get rid of greasy stains on my hat?
Oily stains on your hat are a particular problem. It is risky to use powders and chemical detergents, which like to leave white streaks and spots on the cap. Experts recommend that you focus on using mild softeners
One of the best options is invariably plain grey soap, which will deal with grease brilliantly and is also easy to rinse out. In all cases, however, it is imperative that you rinse your cap thoroughly. This is crucial so that no residue of the detergent used remains on it, especially in the part directly applied on the head, as the detergent not rinsed out could irritate the scalp
Main photo: Tobi/pexels.com